Today, I’m highlighting two new features of Alexa!
For owners of an Echo Show, you can now have Alexa scan barcodes of items in your home and have them added to your shopping list. To access this feature, try:
- “Alexa, scan this to my shopping cart”
- “Alexa, scan this”
The next feature we are going to look at is setting timers and alarms for a specific device. In the past, anytime you set an alarm or timer using Alexa, it was only specific to the device you set the timer on. For instance, saying “Alexa, set a time for 5 minutes,” would only set the timer on the device spoken to. This feature still exists, but has been extended to allow specifing on which Echo would would like to set the timer or alarm on. For example:
- “Alexa, set a timer for 5 minutes on the Kitchen Echo Show”
- “Alexa, set an Alarm on Bedroom Echo for 6 am”
That’s it for this week’s new feature showcase!
Things To Try
- “Alexa, what does LOL mean?”
- “Alexa, will computers take over the world?”
- “Alexa, give me hug, please”
- “Alexa, guess what?”
- “Alexa, please give me a quote”
- “Alexa, what can I make with ___?”
- Do you have an extra ingredient in our pantry or fridge and have no idea what you can do with it? Try asking Alexa!
- “Alexa, pair my phone”
- Starts Bluetooth pairing mode on compatible Alexa devices.
- “Alexa, what is your dream job?”
- “Alexa, did you get my email?”
- “Alexa, do aliens exist?”
The Echo Studio is 30 dollars off today from $199.99 down to $169.99! This is a great deal for this really new device!
Citizen also has a great deal on their Smart Wall Clock , which has built in sync with Alexa Timers and Alarms. From $79.99 down to $63.99!
The deals are shown in the banner below. Note that the price in the banner may not reflect the actual price of the product. Click on the picture to go to the product page on Amazon.