This week, I’m reflecting back to my time at CES! Early in January, I witnessed some of the new Alexa features that are coming soon. I will be coming out with a larger article about CES and Privacy with the Echo Devices in the next week or so, but one of the really apparent things at CES this year was the expansion of Alexa in vehicles.
With the release of the Echo Auto and location-based Alexa skills, Amazon showed off the ability to pay for your gas using your voice through a partnership with Exxon and Mobil gas stations. These purchases are made through Amazon Pay using your Amazon Account.
In addition, last week Amazon and KidKraft unveiled their new toy, a smart kitchen play set. More details to come, but below is the CNET article about the product.
Things To Try
- “Alexa, red alert!”
- Star Trek reference.
- “Alexa, what is your quest?”
- Monty Python and The Holy Grail reference.
- “Alexa, where’s Waldo?”
- “Alexa, no more rhymes, I mean it!”
- Quote from The Princess Bride
- “Alexa, drumroll please!”
- “Alexa, never gonna give you up!”
- “Alexa, meow.”
- “Alexa, how do you survive a zombie attack? “
- “Alexa, you are awesome!”
- “Alexa, thank you!”